Kick off Promares

 
From
15
Jan
2019
To
16
Jan
2019

Today and tomorrow (15-16 January) will take place at the headquarters of the North Adriatic Sea Port Authority (leader of the project) the "Kick-off meeting" of the project "Promares"(Promoting Maritime and Multimodal Freight Transport in the Adriatic Sea) that sees the Venetian Authority - Ports of Venice and Chioggia - involved among the project partners.

The project that was presented in July 2017 for the first call for standard projects of the Interreg Italy-Croatia Program 2014-2020, involves ten partners, will last two and a half years and will end on 30 June 2021. The total costs will be approximately 2.7 million euros, financed for the 85% by the Community resources and the remaining 15% by partners’ resources. The path’s target that will be undertaken is to define common strategies among the partners to improve the intermodal transport. The first one is to increase the efficiency of existing nodes, by optimizing capacity and reducing congestion. This will support the development of Short Sea Shipping and Motorways of the Sea.

The Port Authority of Venice and Chioggia has a budget of about 230 thousand euros. With these resources it will be carried out an analysis on the needs for the improvement of the intermodal connections. All this will lead to the strengthening of an action that will optimize the current ICT system for the railway maneuvers in the port area. The other partners involved in the project are: Venice International University, Interport of Padua, Institute on Transport and Logistics, the Port System Authorities of the Central and Southern Adriatic Sea, as well as the University of Rijeka and the ports of Split and Rijeka.

Kick off Promares
Kick off Promares