The Port of Venice's employment footprint
The Port of Venice is an important resource in its territory's economy: Its relevance can be gathered from the number of companies operating with their employees within the port.
A recent survey recorded 1,178 companies employing 16,886 people. They work in various operating sectors (e.g. services to ship and cargo) and in different locations (Marittima and Marghera).
Download the PDF with the survey's provisional results at the bottom of the page.
People, the strategic asset of the Future Port
The Port's economy is driven by the numerous companies that supply services to ships, passengers and maritime crew, and cargo-related operations.
The port of Venice, including associated industries, generates 21,000 workplaces, broken down as follows:
- 786 employed in port companies;
- 393 employed in specialised service providers complementing and supporting port activities;
- 106 employed in the company supplying skilled port workers;
- 195 employed in services of general interest;
- 224 employed in technical and nautical companies;
- 651 employed in companies listed under Art. 68 of the Navigation Code;
- 90 employed in companies providing collateral services;
- 500 employed by agents, forwarding agents and shipbrokers;
- 470 employed in Entities and other services;
- 3,400 directly or indirectly employed by Fincantieri;
- 250 employed in the Venice freight village.