Development projects promotion: Cannes' MIPIM 2010
The Port Authority, supported by its held company APV Investimenti, is hosted in the Veneto Region's stand at the 21st edition of the international Real Estate exhibition MIPIM in Cannes to present its main innovative development plans for the Marittima and Porto Marghera:
1. enhance the terminal facilities:
- erect a new container terminal and annexed distripark equipped with a 1,500 m long quayside and 90 hectares of available land (in Marghera in a former petrochemical facility) that can cater for a further 600/800,000 TEUs compared to the current 370,000;
- build a new dedicated Ro-Ro/Ro-Pax terminal (Fusina) equipped with 4 operating berths and 36 hectares of land that will be used to host a logistics platform, warehouses, yard and new road and railways connections (European project);
- enhance the cruise terminal by adding a new 7,000 sqm passenger terminal that will be able to host more than 6,000 passengers and the construction of a new gateway to the city which will include a 25,000 sqm commercial facility with offices, malls, a hotel and a multi-storey garage for up to 2,343 vehicles.
2. environmental sustainability initiatives
- the cold-ironing project to power, from the shore, the cruise ships berthed on the quayside of the Passenger terminal in the Marittima (Isonzo quay);
- development of internal waterway navigation as a highly sustainable means of transport.